Monday, November 2, 2009

I have a small problem.

It has grown into a larger problem now that time has gone on. And I've learned about blogs. And Google Reader.

See, when I was in a relationship I'd say this started roughly eight, nine, ten years ago? (Good God, it's been that long?) When I was in said relationship, I thought I was going to marry this person and I started organizing things, pictures, information, etc. about that wedding, just to be prepared for when that day came. Instead of a proposal and a sparkly diamond ring, I got a cheating boyfriend, his crazy new girlfriend and shortly thereafter they welcomed a bouncing baby boy into the world. Def far-off from my envisioned future for he and I....

I kept my Wedding Binder, organized into sections based on the ceremony, reception, favors, dresses, veils, bridesmaid dresses, flowers, etc. for when the day would come again when I'd dream of my wedding.

Fast forward five years after that relationship imploded and despite a major lack of new relationships and therefor potential weddings, my obsession with all things bridal has just continued to grow! I partially blame that on two best friends getting married this Spring/Summer and helping them in any way possible. Partially.

One of my Google Reader subscriptions is to the UNBELIEVABLE wedding blog Style Me Pretty which is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Every day, many times a day, the site is updated with fabulous and utterly amazing weddings- real weddings- that are out of this world. Apparently a trend is to take pictures of the bride's shoes, and they're usually like Christian Louboutins or Manolos (I don't even know if I'm spelling either of those names correctly, that's how unassociated I am with those brands of shoes) so never in a million years would these weddings be within my reach, but does that stop me from "starring" (adding to my favorites) the posts in my Google Reader for future reference? Hell-to-the-NO.

I just added another amazing blog- Ruffled. No words. I wouldn't consider myself indie or eco-friendly but vintage? Those are the weddings I love the most!! It's an obsession I can do nothing to stop!

Then from that site I saw this site, which is the coolest thing: Wedding Chic Couture which has the coolest stuff for your wedding day.

I need to stop. I am getting NOTHING done at school and I have a lot of stuff I need to be doing. But they're just all so pretty!!!

How can you not get sucked into all this????

A logical response would be when you DON'T HAVE A POTENTIAL WEDDING TO PLAN.

Except I'm far from logical. I think it's part of my charm.

4 comments:

  1. There should be a "love" button on your blog like Facebook has "like". Just added those two new blogs to my list - NEED TO LEARN RE: GOOGLE READERRRR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can come by tonight if you want! I'm going to dinner with my fam at Fay's around 5ish and then I'm free for the rest of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this. i'm addicted to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm also addicted to you Kathleen. And this not seeing you in forever business? NG (no good), we need to rectify that!

    ReplyDelete