Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vacation projects

This week was February vacation and it was AMAZING to have the week off. I am currently in denial that it's almost over.

Things I accomplished:
1. Rearranged my whole living room (including couch, TV, desk, everything) by myself.
2. Painted a headboard on my bedroom wall that my bed is up against. Why? This is how I explained it to my Dad, who isn't really on the same decorating page as me:
Dad: What are you up to today?
Me: Not much, painting a headboard on the wall in my bedroom....waiting for reaction
Dad: You're what?
Me: It's going to look good, I'm painting the shape of a headboard on the wall in my bedroom.
Dad: Why don't you just buy an actual headboard?
Me: Because I have no money and a gift card to Lowe's so the paint will cost me nothing. Unless you want to buy a headboard for me.
Dad: Negative.

So there you have it, I just finished the second coat of paint and pictures will follow once it dries and I can put the bed back in place instead of in the middle of the room. Here's an inprocess picture to tide you over:

LaLa refused to get out of the way, and was in the middle of yawning. But that's the stencil/template I made on the wall, that I traced and then painted in. Also in the middle you can see the two colors I tried out before deciding on the one on the right of LaLa's nose.

Did not accomplish:
1. Grading anything.
2. Planning anything.
3. Working out as much as I had wanted.

Oh well. I still have today and tomorrow to do some grading and planning.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment