Friday, February 26, 2010

Flattered yet disturbed.

Those are two very random things to feel at the same time. 

This morning I woke up, showered, got dressed, came downstairs, started the coffee maker, put my Meal for One in my lunch bag and poured a bowl of Cheerios (same thing every morning, I'm a creature of habit, at least in the am).

While I eat my Cheerios I check my email, google reader and facebook. When I open my computer iChat automatically opens up as well. 

I received an instant message this morning from someone not on my buddy list. YoMommaFat510304 to be exact. 

I accepted the message so I could see what it said only because if I declined it, it would bother me not knowing what the message was.

This was the message from YoMommaFat 510304 received at 6:16 am:

"hey...you're hot. and you have no clue who this is :)"

My response:

"it's too early"

What the hell? I mean, let's be honest, I don't hate the fact that someone thinks I'm hot (unless they're just effing with me) but I'm kind of disturbed about the whole thing. 

Only me. 

5 comments:

  1. I received the same IM this morning at 6:43am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten the same one twice a few months apart - once from yomommafat556098 and yomommafat9493. either some stupid person or a spam thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I replied, "You're right on two counts." The profile invites you to download a plug-in. No thanks; blocked. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd argue it's a ruse to have the target download a virus (disguised as a "plug-in") in the process of investigating a "secret admirer." It would work, too, as it appeals to vanity and a romantic fantasy, but those it would work on are painfully aware how ugly they are and their few acquaintances know it, too. Even if Mom says otherwise.

    ReplyDelete