Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Try it, you might like it!"

-Danny Wood, New Kids on the Block

That was a quote from a video back in the day, that I or my cousin Nikki taped off of tv of the New Kids on tour. They were eating, and Danny was telling the camera that his mother used to tell him, "Try it, you might like it" about new foods.

I rarely attempt this because I worry about wasting a precious meal either out to eat or store bought in the event that I don't like it. Case and point, lunch today.

Normally I get the Chicken with Almonds Lean Cuisine and I decided to branch out and bought two new ones: one with veggies and whole wheat pasta (I failed to notice at point of purchase that this meal came without chicken) and rice with chicken, veggies and cranberries in an apple sauce. (Not apple sauce apple sauce but some sort of apple glaze business.)

Both I did not like. Now, I did not mind the pasta with veggies option that I had yesterday but my complaint is that it doesn't have chicken aka not enough to it. The second meal which I had today, really didn't agree with me. I should've known but I figured I'd take Danny Woods' words of advice, but unfortunately for me, I was not a fan of either. Back to my chicken with almonds.

Not until the end of the week though, I bought lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms and almond slivers to make salads for the week, I've just been too lazy to do so. I think that'll be my afternoon activity.

And watch, we'll have no school tomorrow and I won't need a pre-made lunch. At least I'll get to sleep in and make bacon and eggs for breakfast because I actually have those ingredients! Oh maybe I'll buy waffle mix and maple syrup to make waffles too!!!!!!!

Yummmm......is it 3:00 so I can go home and eat something yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment