Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Please be careful, I'm still not over the Cold War" and "Duh cause it's infamous or duh cause..."

Two things to sum up my weekend:
Russians and lesbians.

Interesting to say the least. The first quote is courtesy of R. A. Thibault an esteemed former colleague. I explained to Mr. Thibault that I had a date from my stint on eHarmony with a guy who is from Russia. His response was: "Please be careful, I'm still not over the Cold War." I think I laughed for a good five minutes.

So the date. Eh, maybe the worst date I've gone on but it wasn't horrible by any means don't get me wrong. Knock on wood, I haven't been on any terrible dates, where I've been like, "get me out of here" so that's good, but I have had really good dates, and this one wasn't one of those. So it was my worst, but not the worst. He and I won't be taking this any further. And a follow up from Mr. Thibault after I texted him to say it wasn't the greatest: "Well that's good! I can cancel the U2 overhead flights that Mark [my Dad] and I had dialed up and we can put away the 'nuclear football' the cold war is over once again!!" I died laughing. Glad the free world is safe again.

Now the lesbian topic. Quite the weekend for me. I had seen a coworker at the mall Saturday and she told me that some of our colleagues were going out for drinks tonight and that I should join. I had plans for a friends bday but wanted to meet up with them afterwards. Super. So later on that night I texted her to see what the plan was and this was our text convo:
Me: So where are you guys?
Her: Heading to Providence
Me: Oh boo!! Where in Providence?
Her: Gallery [gay bar in Providence I've been to before, super fun- dance party USA type place]
Me: Woah woah woah, I've had some fun times there!
Her: You've been to Gallery?
Me: Duh!
Then no response.

So I carried on with my evening. Then today I get a text from her that says: "Duh cause it's infamous or duh cause..." aka, are you a lesbian? Hm. How to respond. Without offending, or assuming. So I responded with this: "Yeah in restrospect duh wasn't the best response, I had been drinking. I have been there before with a friend I used to work with, we saw former students, it was awk. Lol is this an awkward conversation? I'm not gay but I love a good dance party as much as the next guy!"And then crickets, no response. I'm thinking crap did I offend her? But then she responded later on with, "I laughed so hard at your entire response" and all is well in the universe.

So all in all an interesting weekend! Other fun details:
*AMAZING dinner with my lovers Friday night. Lots of laughs and drinks, the perfect combo with great friends.
*Fun sleepover Friday night with the friendboy. That's what we'll call him because he's not a boyfriend, but it's a step beyond simple friendship. Maybe more than a step. Whatev.
*Saturday school then the gym where I RAN THREE MILES. Holy crap. Love that.
*Then coffee with the Russian. Again, eh.
*Home to watch more Dawson's Creek and then take a nap (got to bed prob around 3 am Friday and woke up at 7:15)
*Dinner at the Airport Grille Saturday night for a friends bday, then bowling at Wonderbowl- super fun!
*Slept in a little this morning, then got together with the bridal party for a planning sesh for one of my lover's bridal shower.
*Gym where I only ran one mile, eh wasn't feeling the gym.
*Home, more Dawson's, shower and napping. Then my parents for dinner.

I'm tired! Watching the Grammy's, figuring out what I'm doing in World tomorrow and then bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment