Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm a Craft Machine

Friday night I finished my cross-stitch (picture in previous post), Saturday I took the doors of the really pretty tan/seashell cabinet thing that was in my bathroom (picture in previous post) and began the process of painting it white which I completed Sunday afternoon!

It only took FOUR COATS OF PAINT for those horrid seashells to disappear. I painted a coat Saturday afternoon and then Saturday night because I did nothing Saturday night except watch He's Just Not that into You (how fitting) and went to bed early. Sunday I woke up, made myself bacon and eggs because why not, and put a third coat of paint on the shelves (I really don't know what this thing is technically, it's not a hutch, it's not shelves, I don't know...) and hung around the house not quite sure what to do with myself. I went to Target (fun run-in with the Ex and the girl, he waved as we drove by each other....Happy Sunday!) for some random stuff and back home to finish my crafting projects.

My Dad was equally as bored as I was so we ran to Lowe's and Home Depot to check out potential shelving for the closet in my bathroom (next project) that afternoon and he ended up buying me three new lights for outside my house- Thanks Dad! Love when that happens!!

So here's the finished product for my bathroom, one step closer to organization!
*I had the white paint leftover from moving into my house
*Bought the baskets at pier1 with a giftcard I had from my housewarming party
*The mirrored tray was mine that I fell in love with at Target last year and waited for to go on sale before I bought it but hadn't found the right place for it in my house- until now!
*The "J" mug is from Anthropologie
*My perfumes- well, I clearly have a problem
*Bare necessities for makeup that I use everyday, my other stuff is in a train case stowed away
*Little dish for jewelry before I put it away also from Anthropologie a while ago when I went to visit Lizzie in Charlotte

I just love it now!!!




This is my next project- putting some shelves in here for towels and sheets, and also some storage for winter/summer clothes and my hamper. One thing at a time, don't judge me, it's a mess:



Happy Monday everyone, hope it's a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment