Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Could this vacation be off to any worse a start?


This post contains information of a TMI (Too Much Information) nature, probably more than any of you really need to know about me. But I'm going to continue, feel free to stop reading if you don't want to be grossed out.

Today was my real first day of vacation aka first day I really got to sleep in. Let's see, vacation started last Wednesday and I worked at be jeweled Wednesday and Thursday 10 am- close both days. Then Thursday was Christmas eve where I drank a bit too much at my Aunt's on my Dad's side of the fam, had a *guest* over Christmas eve and woke up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning to open presents with my fam. Got there around 7 am. We opened presents where I got way too many things (slightly spoiled this Christmas) and had bacon and eggs for bfast. Came home, took a nap and then went to my Aunt's house for Christmas with my Mom's side of the fam.

Went to my Uncle's house on my Dad's side Christmas night, no drinking for me! We played LCR which got very intense but is always fun. Oh!! I have a great picture:
If you're interested in how the game is played click on the link above, too long to explain. So not too late of a night there, maybe 10ish. Then Saturday, what did I do....oh got up, went to the gym then to my Aunt's house to see my Uncle who came over from Nantucket. At night went to my friend Mike's house for a little soiree and then stopped at McDonald's on my way home. I made it safely, with all my clothing intact and believed the universe had given me a break from its fast-food hatred.

Well.

Sunday wasn't anything special, house stuff, I set up my new desk (West Elm Parsons Desk- Love!!) and put a lot of crap downstairs into the basement. Went to my friends Heather and Pat's house with some old colleagues and had a good time. Here comes the TMI part, feel free to skip down.

UPDATE: Deleted the TMI part.....

Ok, back to normal those of you who skipped that last paragraph. Today I decided to go to the Ashland Library and the Natick Mall, the library to get my free Domino magazines they were holding for me and the Mall to check out Anthropologie mainly and some other stores. That trip was a success then I needed to get home in time for Bunco dinner at Tokyo in Fairhaven. Well, I had called my Dad earlier and asked if he would pick up LaLa because I would be out all night and he did. Only to discover once he got to my house, that my heat had shut off and wouldn't restart. What. The. Fuck. Needless to say between buying electric heaters so my effing pipes don't freeze while we try to get the boiler fixed tomorrow I didn't make it to Tokyo on time.

Combining all those things with the fact that I'm breaking out like a freaking 14 year old with acne this has been a superly shitty week so far. So not the pre-birthday week I had envisioned for myself. But I need to keep this in perspective, there are people going through a lot worse than me....ok I have my non-cranky pants on again, going to watch Harry Potter with my brother and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment